martes, 17 de julio de 2018

The perfect song



Hi students:



Today I'm going to refer to what I consider a perfect song. The song is actually called "Perfect day". It was written and published in 1973 by New Yorker Lou Reed. However, it is very well know because it was used in the movie Trainspotting in the 90’s.

I like this song because its lyrics are simple and talk about things anybody could do on a given day, like feeding animals in the zoo, drinking sangria in a park or simply watching a movie.

Anyhow, such ideas are simple and effective because the lyrics refer to a perfect day shared by two people who get along well and the main character of the story is glad (happy) that he could spend such perfect day with the other person.

However, the line that I like most in the song goes like this: “you made me forget myself. I thought I was someone else, someone good”. I find this idea overwhelming because sometimes I feel like that when I’m surrounded by the right people.

Some years ago I had a perfect day with a girl I used to love a lot. We didn’t have a relationship. We were not girlfriend and boyfriend, but we loved each other and we had only ONE day to spend time together for the last time.

We were living in Sydney, Australia, and she had to go back to her country (Switzerland) and we spend an entire day in the city, walking around, eating French Fries and drinking iced tea.. We took a boat and walked along a beautiful beach, then we saw the sunset on the ferry back to the city. After that, we ate at a restaurant and we finally went to a bar where we drank our last beer and said goodbye before she took the midnight train.

I felt like someone good. Perfect feeling with the right person. Simply, a perfect day.

Write 150 words for this topic :)

6 comentarios:

  1. oh that's a cute history!! I had never listen that song before

    ResponderEliminar
  2. thats a really good story, and a good song also

    ResponderEliminar
  3. thanks for share with us this cute storyyyy

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Beautiful story and song, I hope that one day I will meet that person again.

    I invite you to know my perfect song.

    https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7300514808704971788#editor/target=post;postID=5060532765734438318;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=2;src=postname

    ResponderEliminar
  5. what a nice song. I loved the lyrics. I invite you to know my perfect song

    https://pilarmarinaj.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-perfect-song.html

    ResponderEliminar

A carrer related article

Hi there! Please, go to  http://santiagotimes.cl/  and find an article that can be related to your career or your studies. read it and wri...