viernes, 27 de abril de 2018

Why did you choose this study programme (carrera)?

Write about:

- your dream jobs when you were a child

- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university

- what made you decide in the end

- your experience at university until now

- the kind of job you would like to have


Hi there. When I was a kid I wanted to a be an austronaut and a football player. My first option was almost impossible because that carreer didn't exist in Chile. The second option was impossible too since I was not very good at playing, so I had to change my mind.

When I was in highschool I wanted to be a writer so when I had to decide what to study (after the PAA...yes, I know, many years ago) I chose a study programme that included reading a lot. My idea was to read and learn and after that I could create my own literature. It never worked because we had to read A LOT and I ended up really tired and bored.

I started working teaching after I finished university. It was really difficult at first since I didn't know what to do. After a couple of years I learned more and my classes were better. Now I enjoy my job and I love working with young students here in the same university I started to study so many years ago.

Cheers!

Love and respect.


Lucas

 > word count: 130 words
 > don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates posts and on your teacher's post as well.

8 comentarios:

  1. Hi, I think that Literature is a really interesting study programme, I could haven't focus on myself to reading so much, although in my career I had to read a lot jaja.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is really interesting, but I felt I was not helping people by reading XD
      I now help students a little bit, so that makes me feel less selfish XD

      Eliminar
  2. Hi, and what happened to your own literature plan?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Your story is very good. I invite you to read mine

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Lucas, I really want to know what specific study programme did you choose and if you still reading and writing.

    I am asking this to you because I love read and write, and never I found it boring.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I Susan, I studied English literature and linguistics. Maybe I got bored because we only read and answered questions and rarely analized the contet of the books. We studied the life of the writers more than their work. I hope things have changed now.
      Regards.

      Eliminar
  5. What a beautiful story, I also go through many ideas before deciding on my career.
    I invite you to see my story

    https://pilarmarinaj.blogspot.com/2018/04/why-did-you-choose-this-study-programme.html

    ResponderEliminar

A carrer related article

Hi there! Please, go to  http://santiagotimes.cl/  and find an article that can be related to your career or your studies. read it and wri...